Relocating Pets to Israel
Israel, officially known as the State of Israel is a country in western Asia. Israel is a beautiful country. With its diverse landscapes and scenery, ranging from desert in the south to lush green hills in the north, that beauty is incredibly varied. While traveling in Israel you are almost certain to gasp in awe at the beauty this land has to offer.
Apart from its captivating beauty, Israel is also a pet-friendly country. It has many pet-friendly restaurants, parks and places that you can visit with your pet. While travelling with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- Your pet must also be vaccinated against rabies after it has been microchipped.
- A rabis titer test is mandatory for Israel and all samples must be processed at an approved laboratory.
- An import permit must be obtained from Veterinary Services prior to travel.
- The veterinary health certificate for Israel must be completed within 10 days of entry and it must be endorsed by the official vet of the exporting country responsible for the import and export of animals.
- Israel does not have a list of banned breeds but the following breeds or their cross breeds will need an advance permission from the Director of Veterinary Services and Animal Health to enter the country- American Staff Bull Terrier (Amstaff), Bull Terrier, Argentino Dogo, Japanese Tosa, Staff Bull Terrier (English Staff), Pit Bull Terrier, Brazilian Fila and Rottweiler, Miniature Bull Terriers and American Bulldogs.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.