Relocating Pets to Guatemala
Guatemala, a Central American country south of Mexico, is home to volcanoes, rainforests and ancient Mayan sites. Guatemala is home to 360 degrees of beautiful, lush landscape. Vast mountains and lush tropical forests cover a majority of the landscape throughout the country. Black sand beaches line the coastal regions that border the Pacific Ocean while a small section of coastline borders the Caribbean Sea.
Guatemala is also a pet-friendly country to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not required, all pets must be vaccinated for rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering Guatemala.
- Dogs must be vaccinated against Distemper, Hepatitis and Parvovirus, and cats must be vaccinated against Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Feline Calicivirus, and Panleukopenia between 30 days and 12 months prior to export.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the health certificate 10 days prior to travel. Your pet's forms should be endorsed by the Guatemalan Consulate.
- An import permit is not required when entering Guatemala with a personal pet.
- A ticks and tapeworm treatment is required prior to entering Guatemala. The treatment should be included on the health certificate if endorsement is required.
- All pets must enter Guatemala via La Aurora International Airport.
- Pets can arrive in the cabin, as checked baggage or as air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Guatemala does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.