Relocating Pets to American Samoa
American Samoa is a U.S. territory covering 7 South Pacific islands and atolls. Tutuila, the largest island, is home to the capital Pago Pago. American Samoa is known for its beautiful natural surroundings. It is home to pristine beaches and reefs. It is a popular destination among the surfers and kite surfers, with strong winds and currents making it ideal for water sports.
American Samoa is also a pet-friendly destination to travel to. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO-compliant pet microchip.
- A rabies titer test is not required to enter American Samoa from any country. All pets must have proof of the current rabies vaccination administered no sooner than 3 months of age and wait for 28 days before entering the country
- Before your dog can enter American Samoa, it must be inspected for certain screwworms between one and five days prior to entering the United States. Your veterinarian must verify that your pet has been inspected for screwworm, and the results are negative.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete and sign a veterinary certificate for American Samoa. This certificate should be in English. It should identify the animal, the dates of vaccination, the manufacturer and the expiration date of the rabies vaccine.
- Pets entering American Samoa must enter as air cargo via Pago Pago International Airport.
- All pets cats must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry in London.
- The American Samoa does not ban breeds. Visitors to these cities will be responsible for their pet's behaviour.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation