Pet Relocation to Denmark
Being known for their pulsating city life that goes hand in hand with sustainable thinking, Denmark is a top expat destination. According to various international studies, Danes are some of the happiest and most satisfied people on earth. Some credit for this apparent satisfaction with life must also be given to the fact that there are over 600,000 dogs registered in Denmark. Danish people love their pets and have a long history of living with companion animals.
There are numerous pet-friendly comfort zones in and around Denmark such as off-leash dog parks, dog-forests or just walking through the historic city streets. Even though Copenhagen and other cities in Denmark are very dog friendly - some restrictions for dogs can occur in public, as dogs must walk on leash in parks to protect the wildlife and streets in respect for other people.
- Your pet must be microchipped with an ISO-compliant microchip prior to travel.
- Your pet must be vaccinated against rabies after microchipping.
- If entering from a high-risk country, a rabies titer test is to be administered 30 days after the rabies vaccination.
- The non-commercial EU health certificate for Denmark should be completed by a licensed vet in your country within 5 days of travel.
- Pets can enter Denmark at Billund, Copenhagen or Aalborg Airports, where they will be examined by a vet.
- Denmark does not allow the following breeds unless documentation is provided that they were acquired before 2010: PitBull Terrier, Tosa Inu, American Staffordshire Terrier, Fila Brasileiro, Dogo Argentino, American Bulldog, Boerboel, Kangal, Central Asian Shepherd Dog, Caucasian Shepherd Dog, South Russian Shepherd Dog, Tornjak, and Sarplaninac.
- Puppies and kittens can only enter Denmark unaccompanied from other EU Member States or rabies-controlled countries.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you may consider hiring professional assistance to help with your pet’s relocation.
If you are planning on relocating to Denmark with your pet, get a free quote here on our website by entering your travel and pet details. You can get in touch with us for a professional consultation by calling +91-9257123123 or write to us at [email protected]